Search This Blog

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Getting better everday

Four More Great Lessons I've Learned.

1. Be a man of your word. Make sure people you vouch for earn the credit you give because your word is on the line. Never loan money you need to see again. I once vouched for a guy and he cost me $25,000 and almost cost me my job. My word was on the line and my job was also on the line and I decided being a man of my word was worth 25 grand. How much is your word worth? This was a valuable lesson to learn early in life.

2. Doing things for others to build their self esteem is the quickest way to boost your own self-esteem.

3. Start a success journal. Every night write down 3-5 things that were great about your day. Fixed a car. Won a game of cards. Held the door for someone. Told someone you loved them. Scored a goal in the game. Did something nice for a stranger. Landed a business deal. Overcame a fear. The point is to focus on the small successes, nothing is too big or too small to go in your journal.

4. The goal is to get a little better everyday. No one starts anything as an expert. Find something you enjoy doing and spend your time doing more of it. Gradually through hard work and perseverance you will become better.

"Getting better everday" (the inscription on my Tiffany's keychain) Read it again! Yes that's actually what it says and how it's spelled. Thank you Silvia at Diamonds on Wabash for helping me live my mantra. Next time you're in Chicago stop in and see Silvia. http://www.diamondsonwabash.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment